We take your privacy seriously and are committed to safeguarding your personal information at Citi Developers Properties referred to as (“Company”, “we” or “us” or “Citi Developers”). We value you as our customer, respect your privacy, and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the sources of your personal information that we may collect from you or that you may provide to us, our purposes for collecting and processing your information, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, retaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
2. WHAT ARE THE SOURCES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The sources of your personal data collected (collectively referred to as “Platforms” in this policy)
may include, without limitation, the following:
Citi Developers oﬃcial website (www.citidevelopers.com): This is the sole website created for you and operated by us. It includes the main website under our own domain and web addresses (URLs), as well as any micro-sites aﬃliated with third-party social media networks such as Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and LinkedIn.
Emails, text messaging services, and other electronic messages: These encompass electronic text-based interactions between you and Citi Developers.
Citi Developers customer service: Any communication between you and our customer service center (e.g., phone, chatbot, email, WhatsApp, etc.).
Online/Oﬄine registration forms: These include printed/digital registrations, surveys, or questionnaires collected by Citi Developers through registration forms, contests, events, and various promotions when you participate in one of our events or visit our promotional stands in malls to
inquire about our properties.
Advertising: You might interact with one of our or our partners’ advertisements on our official website and apps, and we might receive and collect this information.
Career Portal: This includes the recruitment portal across Citi Developers.
Data we create: Citi Developers may also create data about you when you avail our services.
Data from other sources: These include social media networks such as Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and LinkedIn, market research agencies, Citi Developers third-party sales agents, registered brokers, promotional partners (such as Banks, UAE Government entities), public sources, and data received when we acquire other companies.
Please note that this policy does not apply to information collected:
- through any other means, including any other website operated by any third party, or by any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to the Citi Developers official website.
Information Submitted to Payment Processors: Payment transactions with Citi Developers are facilitated through third-party payment processing services selected by Citi Developers. Any data gathered by these external service providers to facilitate payment processing remains inaccessible to us, unless you have explicitly shared such information with us in the course of using our websites, products, or services.
3. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The type of personal information we collect on or through our platforms, why we collect and how we
use the personal information are explained in the following:
3.1 TO ADDRESS ANY QUESTIONS OR INDICATIONS OF INTEREST FROM YOU:
Your personal data is utilized to assist us in addressing your questions or indications of interest and to ensure we guide you towards the most suitable property for your requirements. We may obtain your personal data through various means:
- When you submit an inquiry through our website, social media page, phone call, or WhatsApp concerning one of our properties.
- When you engage with us during events or visit our stands to inquire about our properties. If you express interest in our properties through our third-party agents.
- When you visit our sales office or contact our sales advisors regarding any property you wish to purchase. We gather the following personal information – name, email address, phone number, nationality, and details of your inquiry – in line with our legitimate business interests. In speciﬁc instances, your inquiry may pertain to a particular service request, such as raising questions about a speciﬁc property.
- In such cases, we use your personal information to address your request and fulﬁll our contractual obligations associated with the requested service.
3.2 FOR INITIATING OR FINALIZING A SALES PURCHASE AGREEMENT:
When you opt to proceed with the purchase of a property with Citi Developers, we gather personal data including name, passport information, visa details, address, national ID, and contact details. This information is essential to conclude the contractual arrangements necessary to ﬁnalize the property sale and facilitate processes such as property registrations, handovers, and payment
Furthermore, as part of concluding property sales, we are mandated to conduct a security clearance of our customers. This is done in compliance with local laws and aligns with our legitimate business interest to deter and prevent any fraudulent transactions.
3.3 FOR FACILITATING EMAIL CAMPAIGNS CONDUCTED BY OUR SALES AND MARKETING DEPARTMENTS:
In the course of our email campaigns, we monitor your interactions with the emails you receive from
Citi Developers, including instances of receipt, opening, link clicking, or attachment downloads.
Automated proﬁling of this information is conducted to assess your interest in our service oﬀerings or promotions. This processing allows us to pinpoint and target potential customers or business partners, customize our marketing eﬀorts, and deliver pertinent and timely content aligned with your interests, all in pursuit of our legitimate business interests.
If you wish to abstain from receiving such information, you have the option to opt out by following the instructions provided in the Section titled “How to opt out?”.
3.4 FOR ENABLING ADVERTISEMENTS:
Citi Developers utilizes the personal information you furnish us for commercial purposes, aiding us in customizing and presenting advertisements to you. We may collaborate with third parties to assist in displaying pertinent advertising and managing our advertising across various channels, including social media platforms. Our third-party partners might employ cookies and non-cookie- based technologies to assist us in showcasing advertising tailored to your browsing activities and
If you desire to opt-out of this service, you can do so by following the instructions provided in the Section titled “How to opt out?”
3.5 FOR LEGAL COMPLIANCE AND THE EXERCISE OR DEFENSE OF LEGAL CLAIMS:
The processing and retention of your personal information may be necessary for us to comply with legal requirements applicable to us, such as those related to licensing and health and safety. Processing personal information for the purpose of exercising and defending legal claims aligns with our legitimate interests. Additionally, the processing of personal information may be essential to ensure compliance with relevant legal and regulatory obligations.
3.6 FOR PAYMENT PROCESSING AND FRAUD PREVENTION:
We may ﬁnd it necessary to process your personal information to ensure the security of your payments and protect against fraudulent transactions. This aligns with our legitimate interests in maintaining the safety and security of your payments and preventing fraud. Additionally, your personal information may be required for sending payment reminders and legal intimations in the case of overdue payments. Processing personal information in this manner is also essential to ensure
compliance with relevant legal and regulatory obligations.
3.7 TO HONOR OPT-OUT OR DO NOT DISTURB REQUESTS:
We recognize and respect your preference not to receive oﬀers, promotions, or details about our products and services. If you choose to opt-out, we may need to retain information such as your name, email ID/contact number, and the subscription(s) you opted out of to comply with your requests. Should you wish to hear from us in the future, you can contact us at any time to opt-in, and we will gladly keep you informed about our latest oﬀers, promotions, and/or details of our
products and services.
3.8 FOR COMPLIANCE WITH HEALTH AND SAFETY OBLIGATIONS:
In the event of an accident or injury at our residential units or managed communities, we may be required to process your medical information or other health-related details. This processing is in line with our legitimate interest in managing accidents and injuries within our managed facilities. This information is crucial for enhancing our accident prevention system, including ﬁre protection and safeguarding against foreseeable natural and technological risks. Additionally, it may be necessary for legal purposes or to prepare for and defend against legal claims.
3.9 OTHER INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
There is additional information we may collect that does not directly disclose your speciﬁc identity or relate directly to you as an individual. Pursuant to our legitimate business interests, we automatically collect the following information when you visit our website or utilize our services:
- Your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns collected automatically as you navigate through our websites.
- Usage details, time of requests, browser types, operating system, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Details of your visits to our website, including traﬃc data, location data, logs, and other communication data, as well as the resources that you access and use on the website.
The information collected automatically is statistical data. It assists us in improving our website and delivering a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches and recognize you when you return to our website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies: Certain features may use local stored objects (Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation on our website. Flash cookies are managed separately from browser cookies.
- Web Beacons: Small electronic ﬁles embedded in our website pages and emails, enabling us to count users, track website content popularity, and verify system and server integrity.
We use these cookies for the following purposes:
- To identify you when you visit our platforms and help you navigate through them.
- To determine if you are logged into our platforms.
- To store information about your preferences and personalize our platforms for you.
- To secure and protect your user account and our platforms.
4. HOW TO OPT OUT?
Email: You can click on the unsubscribe link provided in the email you receive from us.
SMS: You can follow the instruction provided in the messages you receive from us
Contact us: You may contact us using the details provided in Section – ‘How do you contact us?’.
5. WHO MIGHT WE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH?
Economic Area (“EEA”). Please refer to our website for a list of locations within our corporate group.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We may engage carefully selected third parties to perform services on our behalf or assist us in providing services to you. These third parties may include agents, distribution partners, cloud service providers, IT service providers, and others involved in property sales, bookings, property handover, security services, brand promotions, marketing, advertising, and other professional services. While providing such services, these third parties may have access to your personal information.
- Business Partners: We may share your personal information with select business partners in sectors such as banking, travel, entertainment, lifestyle, and other industries. This sharing facilitates our customers in availing special oﬀers, such as home ﬁnancing options through our banking partnerships.
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance: Personal information may be provided to regulators, law enforcement agencies, or other entities as required or permitted by law.
- Business Transfers: In the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or sale of some or all of the Company’s assets, personal information held by the Company about our Website users may be transferred to a buyer or other successor.
- Government or Regulatory Authorities: Personal information may be shared with government or regulatory authorities upon request to comply with court orders, laws, or legal processes.
- Fraud Protection and Credit Risk Reduction: Personal information may be shared with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction when deemed necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
The personal information collected may be transferred to, and stored at,
Safeguards, such as EU standard contractual clauses or equivalent measures, are implemented for secure data transfers. If you seek more information on protection measures and transfer mechanisms, please contact us using the details provided in Section – ‘How do you contact us?’.
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
We retain your personal information only for as long as reasonably necessary, considering our need to address queries, resolve issues, fulﬁll purposes outlined above, or comply with legal requirements under applicable law(s). This means that we may keep your personal information for a reasonable period, such as until the end of the leasing contract with the organization you represent or after your query has been addressed.
In certain cases, we may retain your personal information for an extended period when required by law or regulation, and to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights. We ensure that information no longer needed is disposed of securely.
7. HOW SECURE IS YOUR INFORMATION?
Ensuring the security of your personal data is of utmost importance to us. We prioritize the secure transmission of your personal information from your computer, smartphone, and other electronic devices to our servers. To safeguard the conﬁdentiality of your information, we employ industry security standards such as ﬁrewalls, Transport Security Layer (“TLS”), and other measures.
We have established and consistently maintain appropriate technical and organizational security measures, policies, and procedures to protect your personal information from accidental loss, unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide is stored on our secure servers behind ﬁrewalls, with payment transactions encrypted using TLS technology. Our
protective measures include:
- Imposing conﬁdentiality requirements on our staﬀ and service providers.
- Restricting access to your personal information to employees and third parties strictly on a need-to-know basis, such as for responding to your inquiries or requests.
- Disposing of or anonymizing personal information no longer needed for its original purposes.
- Employing secure communication channels for transmitting personal data.
Your active involvement is crucial for the safety and security of your information. If you have a password for accessing certain parts of our website, it is your responsibility to keep it conﬁdential and not share it with anyone.
While we strive to protect your personal information, it’s important to note that the transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure. Despite our best eﬀorts, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission is at
your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of privacy settings or security measures on the website.
For details on where and how long your personal information is stored, as well as information on your rights of erasure and portability, please contact us using the details provided in Section – ‘How do you contact us?’.
8. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
If you are subject to laws that aﬀord you speciﬁc rights, you may have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
To exercise these rights, we may request additional information to conﬁrm your identity and for security purposes before disclosing personal information. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for example, if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
If you wish to access these rights, you can contact us by mailing us at customer Info mail. We aim to comply with all requests within a reasonable time in-line with applicable laws. However, there may be situations where we cannot fully address your request, such as when it would impact conﬁdentiality owed to others, or if we are legally entitled to handle the request diﬀerently, or if your request involves the deletion of information required to comply with legal requirements. We will make every reasonable eﬀort to honor your request in-line with applicable laws. In cases where additional time is needed due to the complexity of the request, we will promptly inform you.
1. THE RIGHT TO ACCESS:
• Conﬁrm whether we process personal data about you.
• Obtain a copy of your personal data held by us.
• Receive certain other information about how and why we process your personal data.
2. THE RIGHT TO RECTIFICATION:
• Request amendments or corrections to your inaccurate personal data.
• Have incomplete personal data completed.
3. THE RIGHT TO RESTRICT PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA:
• Temporarily restrict processing when the accuracy of personal data is contested.
• Temporarily restrict processing when you object to a legitimate interest identiﬁed by us.
• When personal data have been unlawfully processed and you request restriction instead of deletion.
• When personal data are no longer necessary, but required by you to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
• We can continue processing personal information in certain cases, such as with your consent or to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
4. THE RIGHT TO ERASURE (RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN):
• Obtain deletion of your personal data in speciﬁc cases, including when the data are no longer necessary or when processing is based on your consent and you withdraw it.
• Exceptions exist when processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
5. THE RIGHT TO OBJECT TO THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA:
Object to our processing of your personal data, particularly when based on a legitimate interest pursued by us or for direct marketing purposes.
6. THE RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY:
Receive your personal data provided to us and transmit it to another organization (or request us to do so where technically feasible).
7. THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT:
Withdraw consent at any time where processing is based on consent.
8. THE RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT:
Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in your country of residence or place of work, or in the country where an alleged infringement of data protection law has occurred within the EEA.
For more information on these rights, including protection measures and transfer mechanisms, contact us using the details provided in Section – ‘How do you contact us?’.
9. UPDATES ON POLICY
This policy is subject to periodic changes. Your continued use of our platforms following any modiﬁcations is considered acceptance of those changes. Therefore, it’s advisable to check the policy periodically for updates.
10. HOW DO YOU CONTACT US?
For any inquiries related to this policy, you can reach out to our Office through the following channels:
2.Toll-Free call: 800 44440